Friday 18 June 2010

Supreme Court Hotel - Maryborough

Supreme Court Hotel
Maryborough, Victoria, Australia.
Night Photography
5th May 2010 - Maryborough, Victoria. I took this shot when we stopped near the Maryborough Post Office. My settings were an aperture of f/8, ISO was 100 and my 24mm lens was focused at its hyperfocal distance for f/8. I made 6 exposures in Raw format: 1/13 sec., 0.3 sec., 1.3 sec., 2.5 sec., 10 sec., 30 sec. Post production involved blending the exposures with Photomatix, then switching into Photoshop for some colour correction and a little bit of sharpening. As a finishing touch, I chose a big soft brush and applied a vignette by burning around the edges. I would like to thank Narelle, Adrian & Nola for organising and running the night, it was greatly appreciated. The locations that were chosen all made for good subjects.

1 comment :

  1. A great shot Jeff, the colours are really interesting and you make this familiar sight really work for you. It's a moody picture.

    ReplyDelete